[NZLUG] Python upgrade issues

jsr at ecofluidics.com jsr at ecofluidics.com
Thu Mar 31 18:11:27 NZDT 2016

Hi Carlos

Many thanks for your reply. Obviously upgrading python is fraught with peril! I shall try Virtualenv as you suggest.

The "Fix broken packages" message was generated by a Mint package management GUI called "synaptic" with which I have had issues previously. I prefer to use apt-get or aptitude when I have sufficient information.

Why should it be so difficult to update / upgrade Python and its modules? I presume it is related to its cross-platform character.

Once again, thanks.

John