[NZLUG] Document Freedom Day 2016, happening on March 30th

Frederic Muller - DFF fred at digitalfreedomfoundation.org
Tue Mar 15 04:23:18 NZDT 2016

Dear members of New Zealand LUGs,

As you may know the FSFE has handed over the running of Document Freedom
Day(1) to the Digital Freedom Foundation known among other things as the
organizer of Software Freedom Day.

We have had a few technical problems on our side to take over the
registration process but are mainly up to speed at this point.

So it is with great pleasure that we are letting you know that
registration is open (2) and we currently have 17 teams registered (3).

Document Freedom Day is about letting people know about the importance
of using Open Standards (4) and letting people around you know about it.

Document Freedom Day is happening every year on the last Wednesday of
the month of March, which will be the 30th this year. Of course local
convenience gives you full control over the best date for you to run an
event and you can definitely look at our current events (3) to see it is
happening from March 16 to April 1st so far. We have other events in the
pipeline up to April 8th.

Please do not hesitate to browse our website (1) for more information or
post question on our mailing list (5) to know more.

Thank you for your support and happy Document Freedom Day!

Frederic Muller
Digital Freedom Foundation

(1) http://documentfreedom.org/
(2) http://documentfreedom.org/registerevent.en.html