[NZLUG] monitoring software.

steve steve at greengecko.co.nz
Thu Jul 21 08:52:08 NZST 2016

Hi Folks,

Due to unforseen circumstances, I'm going to have to migrate my
monitoring services to a new host. As this is going to be a fairly
onerous task - rejigging clients and firewalls amongst other things - I
was wondering whether it's not time to look at alternatives as it's .

I'm currently using a mix of munin and nagios. I'm especially attracted
to munin because it's easy to write your own monitors, and because
people like Percona provide very in-depth ones for their software.
Nagios I can take or leave. It works well, but it a real PITA to
configure and maintain.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Steve