[NZLUG] VNC server/viewer setup help required

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jul 13 10:27:04 NZST 2016

On Wed 13 Jul 2016 09:57:17 NZST +1200, tuxkid wrote:

> That does exactly the same except each number is reduced by 99.
>
> Though I  don't exactly understand what's going on with port
> numbers,

I ddn't quite take in all the previous details (no direct experience in
that area), but the port number explanation sruck me as giving
	6000 + 100 = 6100
	5900 + 100 = 6000 = collision with usually expected X server.

So it strikes me as a worthwhile experiment to check whether the
collision at 6000 is an issue, by using e.g. 50 and rebooting.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann