[NZLUG] GovHack

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Tue Jul 5 11:44:17 NZST 2016

My impressions from last year's event was that it was opt-in open. If you
wanted to form a team that used free software, no one was going to get in
your way.

On the flip site, I don't think that it was Microsoft orientated. They're
just a big technology player inside of government, and are likely to have
wanted to send the impression that they're being proactive.

I don't like the competition aspect to these kinds of events, but they pull
together excellent people who otherwise wouldn't be able to work together
so it's a net win as far as I'm concerned.

Tim McNamara