[NZLUG] Netflix and VPN

Robin Sheat robin at kallisti.net.nz
Sat Apr 19 20:29:35 NZST 2014

op 19-04-14 19:54, Cliffp schreef:
> I would have thought that it would have caused other issues.

Normally it wouldn't. Assuming this is the case (and I'm fairly
sceptical of that), usually there'd be no change noticeable, as nothing
would really change.

The main thing is to determine if the traffic still goes via the VPN
when this happens, in that there might be something that causes it to
through the normal connection for long enough for netflix to notice
(especially if the VPN goes down for a moment and a reconnect of the
netflix connection is forced, which would then happen through your ISP.)

Robin.