[NZLUG] Converting UTF-8 files to PDF

Volker Kuhlmann hidden at paradise.net.nz
Tue Apr 1 15:59:11 NZDT 2014

How can I convert a text file using UTF-8 encoding to PDF? I.e., print
it?

The programs recode and iconv do not apply because they convert between
different text encodings (and badly at that), not to PDF.

GNU enscript has been the very good tool of choice for decades,
unfortunately it doesn't touch anything unicode and thus has outlived
its usefulness.

Searching the 'net doesn't dig anything up (other than noise).

What utility can be used for this? Commandline much preferred.

Thanks muchly,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann			is list0570 with the domain in header.