[NZLUG] LDAP

Roland Hill roland.lists at hillnet.co.nz
Sat Jun 29 07:47:41 NZST 2013

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 or thereabouts, Nevyn came forth with:

> Hi All,

> I'm having a go at installing LDAP for a VM environment and am really
> struggling. My first thoughts, because I really don't want to have to get
> too far into LDAP, was to install a web based front end. So I found GOsa
> and am trying to configured it. I then get to a screen that tells me:

> The specified user 'cn=admin,dc=example,dc=org' does not have full access
> to your LDAP database.

> I then check this page:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/12.10/serverguide/openldap-server.html

Hi Nevyn,

I found this guide which helped get me started:

http://www.unixmen.com/openldap-installation-and-configuration-in-ubuntu-12-10-server-debian-6/

I only use LDAP for a centralised address book on my home network, so not
very complicated but found this guide got me up and running quicker than
anything I had read before. Hope it helps in some way.

--
Regards,

Roland

PGP Key 0xDA39319B = BCF0 1214 BAE9 5A3D 46FC 21A6 360D 9398 DA39 319B