[NZLUG] webrtc voip in firefox/chromium?

Robin Paulson robin at bumblepuppy.org
Sat Jun 22 18:17:51 NZST 2013

more revelations in today's guardian about spying on everybody by the UK's GCHQ
[1] has pushed peer to peer voip to the top of my to do list. i heard some
months ago about webrtc making its demo in firefox in ~february, and have been
waiting since then for voip which makes use of it.

some searches on ddg turn up nothing, bar some companies who offer branded
solutions.

has anyone heard more? does anyone know of any sites/software/plugins which
allow serverless voip, direct from browser to browser?

in the meantime i'm trying to figure out how to set up mumble/murmur on my vps,
but it seems somewhat redundant now we can do browser to browser.

[1] http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/21/gchq-cables-secret-world-communications-nsa

cheers,

robin