[NZLUG] assistance requested with ifconfig

Robin Paulson robin at bumblepuppy.org
Fri Jun 21 16:57:26 NZST 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 04:45:52PM +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> Kinda wondering why you buy a device whose only output is HDMI when you

it's borrowed, not bought. i will be buying if it is suitable for the task in
hand - that is a node in a decentralised email/storage/wifi/search network. see
other discussions running concurrently on nzlug for more info

> don't have a HDMI monitor/TV. You do imply that you have a DVI monitor
> though, and an HDMI-DVI cable is cheap. (There is no conversion, they are

that depends how much money one has

> signal compatible, assuming we are talking DVI-D). Android is primarily
> graphical, and you kinda need a screen, even if just to install an ssh
> server (assuming one exists).

i intend to install a headerless debian/ubuntu when i get my hands on a sd to
microsd converter. in the meantime, i was idly wondering if i could connect
to the android system via ssh, but it appears there is no ssh server installed
by default, which now i think about it is a sane choice