[NZLUG] Privacy server

DL Neil nzlug at etelligence.info
Wed Jun 19 17:50:55 NZST 2013

OT to original topic, but a comparison to Nick's summary:

On 19/06/13 12:47, Nick Rout wrote:

> I am not aware of any specific offence to disclose that you have had a
> search warrant served on you, but if you alert the subject to the fact
> that the Police/GCSB/WINZ/MOH/whoever are on to them, then you would
> seriously risk a prosecution for attempting to pervert the course of
> justice which has a maximum penalty of 7 years in the big house.
>
> The Search and Surveillance Act 2012 is pretty new and is long and
> complex and more intrusive into privacy than the previous stuff in the
> Summary Proceedings, Misuse of Drugs and Crimes Acts. As I lawyer I
> certainly haven't got my head around it completely yet.  And that's
> before you even get into the GCSB legislation which, as we all know, is
> currently being (or has already been) changed.

'EU citizens' rights are not negotiable'
An EU-US committee will be set up to look into Prism's activities with
regard to the EU
By Jennifer Baker | 17 June 2013 | IDG News Service
http://www.cio.co.uk/news/compliance/eu-citizens-rights-are-not-negotiable/?olo=BusinessUpdate&cmpid=TB1New4&no1x1

--
Regards,
=dn