[NZLUG] Getting people to use GPG

Robin Sheat robin at kallisti.net.nz
Wed Jun 19 16:43:58 NZST 2013

Mark Foster schreef op wo 19-06-2013 om 12:03 [+1200]:
> When I set it up it was for one particular purpose only, and i've never
> really looked since.  For example Robin, I get the same yellow bar for
> you but whereas before I was able to import Rob's public key
> automatically, yours I can't.

Weird. My key is definitely out there. I'm not totally sure what
determines if it imports them automatically. There is a (not
unreasonable) argument against doing that, but it lowers the convenience
a bit.

> Further, I don't default-sign stuff as I make frequent use of
> non-plain-text email (which seems to be exclusive with signed email?) -
> so i'd sign an email if I had a particular need to do so, but not every
> time.

I see no reason for a PGP/MIME signature to be exclusive of HTML email.
It's not something I really use, but I know it can happily sign
attachments, and that's really all that is.

Robin.