[NZLUG] Getting people to use GPG (was: Email Server)

Robin Paulson robin at bumblepuppy.org
Wed Jun 19 16:02:30 NZST 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 03:27:17PM +1200, Rob Connolly wrote:
> I guess that means I need to go to/organise a cryptoparty [0] in order
> to get it signed by a few people!

as part of tangle ball's [1] next open day, on the 13th of July, we're having a
low-key crpyto event. following on from the recent revelations about the
NSA/prism [2], the intention is to show people there are alternatives to the
mass-spying services such as gmail, facebook et al. we'll be showing the easy
stuff like duck duck go instead of google search, but also doing more complex
things, such as installing some free unix distro and using gpg. anyone is
welcome to come along:

tangle ball, 27
edinburgh street,
auckland

10am until about 4pm, saturday 14th july

and learn more, of it you are skilled already, show some others what you know.
there'll be food as well

[1] http://tangleball.org.nz
[2] http://prism-break.org/