[NZLUG] Getting people to use GPG

Rob Connolly rob at webworxshop.com
Wed Jun 19 15:31:31 NZST 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:41:34AM +1200, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On 19/06/13 10:32, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> >I find they all suck big way, and it's an optimisation problem - for the
> >fewest cases of K.O. behaviour.
>
> Agreed, I currently use Thunderbird but have used many email clients
> and don't really like any of them.
>
> It's a shame that Geary didn't reach it's funding target, I can see
> it being a good client and I hope they continue development;
>
> http://blog.yorba.org/jim/2013/04/geary-crowdfunding-gpg-privacy-calendar-integration-and-more.html

I recently moved to a combination of mutt-sidebar+offlineimap+notmuch
and can confirm that sending email is now fun again, not least because
mutt opens mail for editing in vim (actually it invokes $EDITOR).

Notmuch give me search that actually finds things and offlineimap makes
it all local to my machine (lightning fast).

Cheers,

Rob