[NZLUG] Getting people to use GPG (was: Email Server)

Volker Kuhlmann hidden at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jun 19 12:54:25 NZST 2013

On Wed 19 Jun 2013 11:59:24 NZST +1200, Robin Sheat wrote:

> Well then use a webmail client that supports it.

How can webmail support encrypted emails? The encryption would have to
happen on the browser side, otherwise you're sending your private key to
the webserver.

> * e.g. if you're given access to a server, it'll automatically email
> your account details to you in a GPG-encrypted email, and they're also
> stored in your home directory as 'password.txt.gpg'.

How does the web server get my public key?
I don't keep those on key servers as spam protection, nor would I have
one in the first place for email addresses I use to sign up for things
with.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann			is list0570 with the domain in header.
http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.