[NZLUG] Getting people to use GPG (was: Email Server)

Volker Kuhlmann hidden at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jun 19 10:32:47 NZST 2013

On Wed 19 Jun 2013 09:48:27 NZST +1200, Steve Holdoway wrote:

> I use evolution as the best mail client I can find

I find they all suck big way, and it's an optimisation problem - for the
fewest cases of K.O. behaviour.

> If my mail client can't fully use the GPG key, is it worth having?

For the sender, yes, for you, only if you install the sender's public
key in your gpg keyring.

Unless you mean to say that the problem is in your mail client, in which
case the answer is clearly "no for gpg email encryption".

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann			is list0570 with the domain in header.
http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.