[NZLUG] Getting people to use GPG (was: Email Server)

Steve Holdoway steve at greengecko.co.nz
Wed Jun 19 09:48:27 NZST 2013

On Wed, 2013-06-19 at 09:24 +1200, Rob Connolly wrote:
[snip]
> Following on from this, does anyone have any experience trying to get
> friends and family to secure their communications? GPG is case in point
> as it's only really of use if the people you correspond with also use it
> and people seem to find it hard to use.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob

I use evolution as the best mail client I can find - not saying much is
it - and I see the message 'Signature exists, but need public key'
against this message.

If my mail client can't fully use the GPG key, is it worth having?

Steve
--
Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MNZCS
http://www.greengecko.co.nz