[NZLUG] a distributed search engine node in auckland

Robin Paulson robin at bumblepuppy.org
Sun Jun 16 16:19:39 NZST 2013

I've talked in the past about Yacy, the distributed free software search engine
[1]

A few weeks ago, we launched a node in Auckland, running at Tangle Ball.

It's open for all to use, the address is here [2], so please give it a go. I'll
get a nice url at some point, a bare IP address is neither memorable nor
comforting to the average user.

It's having a few problems at the moment, locking up and requiring a restart
every so often, so it may not always be available. I'll get them sorted soon.

If you have some spare hardware, give it a go running it yourself, the shared
search index is the result of collaboration across hundreds of nodes round the
world and more nodes are always welcome.

[1] http://yacy.net
[2] http://101.98.128.100:8090/

cheers,

Robin