[NZLUG] Email Server

Volker Kuhlmann hidden at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jun 16 12:01:46 NZST 2013

On Sun 16 Jun 2013 11:25:57 NZST +1200, Rob Connolly wrote:

> > True! My success rate in getting people to use it is not high though.
> > Thunderbird refusing to do basic key maintenance is a killer; it says
> > it's not its job, while technically true, there doesn't seem to be a
> > clickme-type for those less versed in all things computer.
> >

> See [0], instructions are Windows and Mac based, but good to recommend
> to less technical friends and family.

Thanks, will keep a bookmark. In this case I would have needed it in
German, and the problem at hand was to extend the expiry of an existing
key. (Security went through the floorboards because of anal insistence
of all email software to refuse to touch any expired key; using that
expired key would have made no difference to actual security.)

Pointers to
http://ftp.gpg4win.org/gpg4win-2.1.0.exe
http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/744/gpg4win-compendium-de-3.0.0.pdf

failed to give success, and I don't know why. It was found to be far
easier to click a few buttons in TB to create a new key then to read a
few pages of manual and deal with gnu4win.

Otherwise I thought it was a pretty good program and manual (long
manuals in English and German are included in the installer) that the
German government found worthwhile to support financially.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann			is list0570 with the domain in header.
http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.