[NZLUG] OT: LCD replacement screen...

Bruce Clement subscribed at gnuzealand.com
Sat Jun 15 21:33:30 NZST 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Steve Holdoway <steve at greengecko.co.nz>wrote:

> It's an LG/Philips LC170WXN(SA)(A1), 1366x768px, just under 17inch diag.
> full specs at
>
> http://www.propdp.co.kr/board/download.php?fn=r110718183539LC170WXN-SAA1.pdf
>
> If anyone can point me in the direction of someone who can talk sensibly
> I'd be over the moon!

Unfortunately I don't have any good news.

I found info at
http://www.panelook.com/LC170WXN-SAA1_LG%20Display_17.0_LCM_overview_3954.htmlwhich
says the panel was introduced in 2007 and is out of production. They
list a supplier, but I'd suggest avoiding them: I can't find any references
to this panel anywhere on that site; in addition their front page is
listing as "new" items from 2010 that render up 404 responses when you
follow them.

I'm thinking that you might be best to pay the $500 but if you are prepared
to deal with Chinese vendors, Alibaba & their B2C arm Aliexpress have a few
suppliers. Aliexpress has panels starting at around US 330 (Including
shipping) approx NZ$ 410. Aliexpress has buyer protection while some of the
Alibaba ones have Escrow available.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=LC170WXN-SAA1
http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=lc170wxn-saa1+sale

--
Bruce Clement

Home:    http://www.clement.co.nz/
Twitter:    http://twitter.com/Bruce_Clement

"Before attempting to create something new, it is vital to have a good
appreciation of everything that already exists in this field." Mikhail
Kalashnikov