[NZLUG] OT: LCD replacement screen...

Nevyn nevynh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 19:42:12 NZST 2013

On 15 June 2013 17:30, Stev e Holdoway <steve at greengecko.co.nz> wrote:

> No, it was on a treadmill...

That's what I was really asking... So you can't just chuck in a new monitor
- it's a panel. The panels themselves look really expensive. I did find
this site:
http://en.esskabel.de/kabelkonfektion/datasheet/kab-fi-x30h-0500rk/

which is for a cable compatible with that panel. I'm wondering if you could
go through the panels on there and find something matches the specs (size,
resolution etc.) which should at the very least give you some sort of short
list. Unfortunately LVDS only defines physical attributes rather than the
type of signal over the cable...  I guess if you're able to figure out what
that signal might be.... It could end up being cheaper to change the
controller board and panel if you can be assured of the signal going to the
board.

Regards,
Nevyn
http://nevsramblings.blogspot.com/