[NZLUG] OT: LCD replacement screen...

Steve Holdoway steve at greengecko.co.nz
Sat Jun 15 16:46:02 NZST 2013

On Sat, 2013-06-15 at 15:40 +1200, Nevyn wrote:
> On 15 June 2013 15:09, Steve Holdoway <steve at greengecko.co.nz> wrote:
>         Sorry, but I've tried searching online, and all I get are
>         Chinese
>         'traders' promising me replacements at really good prices!
>         Either that,
>         or prices the wrong side of $500, but they still can't
>         deliver.
>
>         Is there anyone out there who knows about LCD screens? I need
>         replacement one the screen itself is smashed, but afaict the
>         electronics
>         are all good.
>
>         It's an LG/Philips LC170WXN(SA)(A1), 1366x768px, just under
>         17inch diag.
>         full specs at
>         http://www.propdp.co.kr/board/download.php?fn=r110718183539LC170WXN-SAA1.pdf
>
>         If anyone can point me in the direction of someone who can
>         talk sensibly
>         I'd be over the moon!
>
>         Cheers,
>
>         Steve
>
> Is there anything that makes this monitor particularly special? i.e.
> Would replacing the monitor not work out cheaper (factor in time for
> looking for a solution, the fact that you're most likely going to have
> to buy from overseas in which case there's uncertainty around delivery
> times and whether it'll arrive at all, and the time to do the actual
> replacement) or is there a requirement that monitor meets that I'm
> missing?
>
> Regards,
> Nevyn
> http://nevsramblings.blogspot.com/

I know nothing about tft screens, so am not qualified to answer. I see
connectors bonded to the screen, daughter boards hanging off these, and
have no idea whether this is normal, and whether a generic ( if there is
such a thing ) 1366x768 TFT display will just work.

Cheers,

Steve
--
Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MNZCS