[NZLUG] OT: LCD replacement screen...

Nevyn nevynh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 15:40:26 NZST 2013

On 15 June 2013 15:09, Steve Holdoway <steve at greengecko.co.nz> wrote:

> Sorry, but I've tried searching online, and all I get are Chinese
> 'traders' promising me replacements at really good prices! Either that,
> or prices the wrong side of $500, but they still can't deliver.
>
> Is there anyone out there who knows about LCD screens? I need a
> replacement one the screen itself is smashed, but afaict the electronics
> are all good.
>
> It's an LG/Philips LC170WXN(SA)(A1), 1366x768px, just under 17inch diag.
> full specs at
>
> http://www.propdp.co.kr/board/download.php?fn=r110718183539LC170WXN-SAA1.pdf
>
> If anyone can point me in the direction of someone who can talk sensibly
> I'd be over the moon!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve

Is there anything that makes this monitor particularly special? i.e. Would
replacing the monitor not work out cheaper (factor in time for looking for
a solution, the fact that you're most likely going to have to buy from
overseas in which case there's uncertainty around delivery times and
whether it'll arrive at all, and the time to do the actual replacement) or
is there a requirement that monitor meets that I'm missing?

Regards,
Nevyn
http://nevsramblings.blogspot.com/