[NZLUG] Router recommendations?

Volker Kuhlmann hidden at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jun 14 17:55:20 NZST 2013

On Fri 14 Jun 2013 15:42:16 NZST +1200, Daniel Lawson wrote:

> This is definitely something that is quite straight forward to do with
> iptables (all you need is an ACCEPT rule matching each IP address you
> want to track, and then you check the counters for that rule), a cron
> script to check the counters every 5 minutes and inject the data into
> an RRD, and then a script to generate the rrd graphs.

I see, thanks Daniel, it seems something like it isn't available OOTB
but it doesn't look too difficult to implement, except that I have no
intentions to dispense with pfsense because it's just too good. Thus
iptables are no good, my BSD-foo needs improving but the same approach
will probably work with pf.

Thanks Nick for the pointers, but anything that doesn't require me to
roll out new hardware wins :-)

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann			is list0570 with the domain in header.
http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.