[NZLUG] Router recommendations?

Volker Kuhlmann hidden at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jun 14 14:05:34 NZST 2013

On Fri 14 Jun 2013 11:07:14 NZST +1200, Michael Gauland wrote:

> I'd like to be able to track how much data each device on our home
> network is using. My idea is to find a router I can install
> something like OpenWRT on (and customising it if necessary to record
> the data I'm interested in).

How exactly are you recording what traffic each LAN host generates? And
are you ignoring traffic between LAN devices, or anything that doesn't
go through the Internet gateway? I tried this with pfsense some while
back and didn't manage, all the available add-ons just didn't do what
was needed, didn't work, or on one case were so much overkill I didn't
persue it. If there's an easy solution I'd like to know about it.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann			is list0570 with the domain in header.
http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.