[NZLUG] Managing multiple-machine application configs with DVCS

Félix Saparelli me at passcod.name
Fri Jun 7 12:49:04 NZST 2013

I can see one way making individual changes and pushing them would be
interesting. When experimenting with configs or scripts, I usually work on
one machine, and then I might want to do the same thing on others. It's not
clean and pretty, but when I have a variety of machines for various
purposes (and not a cluster or set of machines that have similar or related
purposes), it makes more sense to ssh into a box, tinker, and save the
config... and then I usually end up having to manually copy and paste stuff
over.

Puppet/chef are nice, but tinkering with config through them is not the
best experience...