[NZLUG] Managing multiple-machine application configs with DVCS

Reed Wade reedwade at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 12:22:36 NZST 2013

Jim, I'd be curious why you don't like puppet for this. It's pretty good at
making exactly this sort of thing very simple.

--Unless it's the wanting to be able to make changes on the individual
machines and push those changes back. I'd claim that's not even a feature
I'd want.

Also, separate branches in git is likely to cause more trouble as you'll
get drift in the areas you want to stay the same across all hosts. Keeping
one puppet config set in git is nice tho.

-reed